- Awards, Decorations and Letters Of Appreciation
- Legal paperwork such as written repremands, Article 15s, and Cout Martials
- Military Occupational Skill (MOS) changes
- KP duty
- Guard duty
- Assigning men to special tasks and duties
- Flight section duty
- Individual Training programs
Monday, June 6, 2011
Vietnam -- Orderly room clerk
I don't believe there was a unit one ion Vietnam that didn't have at least one or more orderly room clerks. The men not only made sure the flow of personnel were properly processed in and out of the unit, they were also responsible for:
When you have 300 men in one unit, you have a lot of paperwork. Not only did they perform the tasks that were needed to keep every one in constant movement and harmony, they had to listen to men who asked for special favors. I think that's worse than having to lug 10 and 17 pound rockets around the flight line.
I don't think we could have operated without them.